Car Crash Productions is theatre for and by the next generation of theatre go-ers. We put millennial topics at the forefront of our work. Immersing you in the conversation of the lived, unseen and unspoken topics of the 21stcentury. Through participatory and multi-media presentation we showcase the world of the digital natives alive for discussion.
- To present emerging artists in quality contemporary productions.
- To discuss and showcase topics that young people must discuss.
- To push the boundaries of the what people think theatre is.
- To never to shy away from the difficult topics that must be discussed, by showcasing them and facilitating the discussion.
- To educate the next generation on the possibilities of theatre and their world.
- To engage audiences in new and innovative ways.
- Presenting emerging artists in quality contemporary productions.
Car Crash Productions was founded in 2016, with the goal of presenting emerging talent in quality, fresh and modern productions. Car Crash present new work that speaks to a young British audience and is not afraid to choose risky productions and take chances on more abstract projects.
In 2016, To help reach this goal, Car Crash Productions started the ‘OutReach’ programme. The project currently works in Glasgow and Inverness, with people of all ages to develop their theatrical skills and give them a professional, quality experience.
OutReach Glasgow Presented the sell out Edinburgh Fringe Production of ‘American Idiot’ in 2016 to rave reviews. The show received critical acclaim, becoming the first and only show to sell out before the 2016 Fringe began. The group returned in 2017 with a longer sell out run of ‘American Idiot’ alongside a sell out production of ‘Priscilla Queen of The Desert’ and in 2018 for a their sell out of ‘American Idiot’. Following the groups success, an Edinburgh based group is currently being developed who will present shows along side the Glasgow group at the 2020 fringe.
OutReach Inverness was founded in late 2016 and works to provide opportunities not available in Inverness through other groups. OutReach are currently working with a group with ages spanning 14 – 65 on presenting work the is new and diverse. Thus far shows have included ‘American Idiot’ in the Live music venue IronWorks, ‘Avenue Q’ and ‘Les Miserables: School Edition’, in partnership with Great Child Productions.
In 2019 we founded our Pending Programme, for emerging artists.
Click below to find out more about our team: